- Information Collected by Taylor Method.
- Information You Directly and Voluntarily Provide to Us. If you are a visitor to the Site, we may collect information that you provide to us when you communicate with any of our departments such as customer service or technical services, or when you fill out forms on the Site or report a problem with the Site. If you sign up to become a registered user of the Site, you will be asked to provide certain information as part of the registration process. This information may include your full name, email, password, photograph, short bio, statement of interest, and full address including city and state. We may also collect your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete, details of the transactions you carry out through the Site, or your search queries on the Site.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored in separate files on your computer hard drive and include unique identifiers. Cookies store information about your activities on a website or other platform, such as your session information for easy sign-in to a website or other platform you have previously visited. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org.
Some advertisements displayed on or available through the Site may also access or place cookies on your Internet browser or use other technologies provided by third-party Internet advertisers, advertising technology companies, and service providers that perform advertising-related services.
- Flash Cookies and Other Local Storage. We, along with advertising technology companies and service providers that provide services to us and our business partners, use other kinds of local storage, such as Local Shared Objects also known as Flash cookies and HTML5 local storage, in connection with the Services and the Site. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in Section 1.3.1, but differ in where in your computer they are stored. Many Internet browsers allow you to disable HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in HTML5 local storage using browser controls. Please note that disabling these technologies may interfere with the performance and features of the video player.
- Web Beacons. We, along with advertising technology companies and service providers that provide services to us and our business partners, may also use technologies that communicate information from your Internet browser to a web server (such as pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, or similar means (collectively, Web Beacons)). Web Beacons, which can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, can allow a web server to read certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Web Beacon, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Web Beacon was viewed. Web Beacons are used to improve your online experience, including providing you with content, including advertisements, customized to your interests, on the Site or through the Services.
- Social Media Services. We may provide social media features through the Site or the Services that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with Taylor Method on social media sites. If you post any comments, reviews, photos or other information on any Taylor Method social media pages, we may display those comments, reviews, photos or information on the Site. In addition, your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you by these sites, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
- How We Use the Information We Collect. We use the information we gather through the Site to help us better understand how the Site is being used and to improve your experience with the Site, both in terms of content and ease of use. We may also use this information to contact and communicate with you and to respond to your communications and requests. If you provide your email address to us, we may email you about products, services, news or events that we believe may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of receiving communications from us, please follow the instructions contained in each email you receive from us which will allow you to opt-out of receiving further communications from us.
- How We Share Your Information with Third Parties. We will not rent, sell, share or otherwise disclose your information to third parties unless we obtain your permission to do so at the time we collect it, except as set forth below:
- Registered Users. We may share the information that you may provide to us when you create an online registered user profile by registering with the Site (User Profile) with other registered users of the Site. Your User Profile may include your name, your user name, date you became a user, a statement about your interests, photographs of you that you provide to us, and other information you may choose to provide. Your User Profile will not include your email address or Site password. You have the ability to limit the information we display as part of your User Profile, however, you cannot limit the public display of your user name on the Site if you are a registered user of the Site.
- Business Partners. We may share the information collected from or about you with our business partners, including advertisers and other companies that are not affiliated with Taylor Method, in aggregated or non-personally identifiable forms. Otherwise, except when such business partners are acting on our behalf or when you have provided your information as part of a co-branded promotion, we will obtain your consent before we share your contact information with them so that they may send you promotional information about their products and services directly. We also may offer co-branded promotions with these business partners. If you request information about such promotions, enter a contest or otherwise interact with one of these promotions, we may share your contact information with the business partners identified in the promotion.
- Employees, Third-Party Processors and Third-Party Service Providers. We will disclose your information to our employees, contractors, affiliates, distributors, dealers, vendors and suppliers (Service Providers) who provide certain services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Site, processing payments made through the Site, analyzing data, or performing marketing or consulting services. These Service Providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf.
- Response to Subpoenas or Court Orders or to Protect Rights and to Comply with Our Policies. To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if: (a) required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order; (b) we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or (c) we believe that you have abused the Site by using it to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
- Aggregate Information. We may share information relating to users of the Site with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an anonymous, aggregate basis. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
- Third-Party Advertising. The Site carries advertisements from other companies, often with the ability to click through to websites or properties run by these other companies.
- Information Shared with Advertisers. We may share the information collected from or about you in aggregated or non-personally identifiable forms with Advertisers in order to tailor advertisements, measure advertising effectiveness, and enable other enhancements. This information includes your use of the Site and the Services, other websites you visited, advertisements you viewed, and your other activities online. However, our agreements with Advertisers limit the types of information we share how they may use it.
- Opting Out of Third-Party Behavioral Advertising. Some of the Advertisers may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), a cooperative of online marketing companies that offers a centralized tool for opting out of behavioral advertising delivered by each of its member companies. If you would like to obtain more information about the NAI and make choices about their members use of your information, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Some of the third parties that collect information on the Site in order to provide more relevant advertising to you participate in the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a single location where users can make choices about the use of their information for ad targeting. To learn more, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- Children. The Site is not intended for children under age 13, or for anyone under age 18 or the applicable age of majority without involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect or distribute personal information from or about children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
- Special Notice to California Residents. Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, also known as the Shine the Light Law, any users of the Site who are California residents are entitled to request and receive once a year, free of charge, a notice from us describing what categories of personal customer information (if any) we shared with third parties, including our corporate affiliates, for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. If applicable, the notice will identify the categories of information that we shared, and the names and addresses of the third parties and affiliates with which we shared your information. If you are a California resident and would like to request a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: Taylor Method Series Incorporated, P.O. Box 395, Pasadena, CA 91102 or by email at email@example.com. In your request, please specify that you want a California Privacy Rights Notice. Please allow at least thirty (30) days for a response.
- Security. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Taylor Method cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site and you do so at your own risk.